Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Monsters, Inc Prequel: Monsters University

So I'm sure you've all heard by now that the new Monsters, Inc. movie is called "Monsters University."

Now, I know, I know, Pixar hasn't done anything (yet) to lose my trust, but I'm getting pretty worried about this sequel trend. First "Cars 2," which still doesn't peak my interest at all (ugh, cars, ugh explosions, it has ten-year-old boy moneymaker all over it), and now the story about how Mike and Sully used to be enemies but then became friends? And Randall's in it? Blah!

I love "Monsters, Inc.", and I'm totally cool with exploring the wide world of Monstropolis, but let's follow some different characters, a different story, not that old "but what about before?" trick. When I heard this summary a few months ago when it was first leaked, I was hoping it was just a false rumor to lead us off track. I guess not.

Well, let me just say, "Brave" better one super kick ass and (actually) female-empowering movie (though who knows how it'll end up with all this director-switch-up business) for me to stay on the Pixar train of "no bad movies" and "eehh, it's ok they don't have a lot of female characters because I'm sure they will in the future!" because they're really dangling me here.

At least the first few images of "Brave" look pretty good, although I have to say I think the artists over at Pixar could make a rag look incredible.

Alright, alright, enough downtrodding - keep hope alive, people! Remember how good "Toy Story 3" was?

[News via The Pixar Blog]

No comments:

Post a Comment