Friday, May 22, 2009

Ascots!


Why is it that in every travel commercial, someone always has to wear an ascot?

Whether it's for a hotel (Fairfield Inn), an airline (JetBlue), or a hotel-airline service (Orbitz) there's always a chick wearing an ascot (or do they call them neckerchief's nowadays?) and I always think, "Who wears ascots? We're not living in the Scooby Doo '70s anymore!" (much as I might wish we were - oh, the days of talking dogs and mystery-solving that didn't involve CSI)

So what I'm saying is, unless your travel commercial is advertising a discounted time-space continuum jump to a parallel (or possibly perpendicular) universe where Scooby Doo exists in the real world and not just on TV/my dreams, nix the ascots, alright? Good.

Also, in my search for a suitable Scooby Doo picture, I came across this fun quiz: Ripped from the Headlines or a Plot from Scooby Doo? Try it! It's only 10 questions. I got 6 out of 10 right (should have followed my gut on a couple, others were a pleasant surprise!).

2 comments:

  1. yeah what is it about airlines and neckerchiefs? is it because of the red baron?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be. People often want to emulate the Red Baron.

    ReplyDelete