Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nuts On a Plane

The woman sitting next to me on the plane today was a typical elite Dallas traveler:

All white clothing.
Big cashmere blanket.
White airplane slippers.
Fancy hardcover book.
Huge bag of gourmet mixed nuts: pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews.

I stared at my bag of peanuts, sunflower seeds, and raisins. I'm not saying it was bad. It was fine, but there weren't any almonds or pistachios or... I wanted that bag of nuts.

I decided to spend more of the flight sleeping than reading this time, so I wouldn't be sneaking peeks of her nuts. I did a good job. Until the very end of the flight.

We were all leaving, and, in perfect Dallas elite fashion, SHE LEAVES THE NUTS ON THE PLANE. At least half of the bag!

WHY!? I wanted them! I needed them! Nuts!

A less immunosuppressed Sasha would have taken them, but, regretfully, my better self got a hold of me and kept me walking out of the gate and out of the nuts' lives. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a quote from your post:
    "... so I wouldn't be sneaking peeks of her nuts." Get it?

    ReplyDelete