Friday, May 15, 2009

Senior Ballin'

How Columbia Actually Got Something Right: Senior Ball.

1) Free food all night, and when they said "hors d'oeuvres to dessert" they didn't just mean "hors d'oeuvres and dessert" they meant tons of delicious, vegetarian and non-vegetarian goodies for all! I know I ate my $100 worth.
2) The only thing they ran out of was chocolate-covered strawberries, but there were chocolate-covered bananas as backup.
3) The place was huge and gorgeous, with big tables where people could eat and chill, but also a big dance floor for boogieing.
4) Everybody looked so pretty! And they clearly didn't take that stupid "black suit only" rule seriously since some guys showed up in gray pinstripes. Also, more hilariously they didn't take the "no miniskirts" rule seriously since a number of girls showed up looking like classy, leopard and tiger-print prostitutes. And what's a party without classy prostitutes?
5) The vast majority of friends in my grade were there. And we danced and had fun and it was great.
6) They let in my (very sharp looking) non-CU boyfriend - phew!
7) The DJ was terrible, but in a hilarious way. He would only play about 45 seconds of each song and then just shout things over that, but I still danced and it was still awesome.
8) Most importantly, it made me realize (like I have many times and then forgotten) that I will miss CU and all my friends even though I will still see most of them after I graduate. Just not in the same college-y kind of way. Sigh.

Aw, nostalgia. In the good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment