Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year's!

I know it's past Christmas, but I didn't get a chance to watch my favorite old holiday specials while I was home, so I thought I'd post them now. Naturally, they're animated and focus on animals - clearly that was the only way you could get any sort of story across to me. Here's the first part of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (how could you go a Christmas without him?). Even if the plot is a little wonky (why did the Abonimable Snowman capture his mom, dad, and girlfriend all on the same night as he got back into town?), that is the cutest darned reindeer ever.



And here's "The Small One" a Christmas special which actually has to do with the Christmas story, but has much more to do with the love between a donkey and his owner and their sacrifice than anything super religious. The ending always gets to me (it's actually kind of subtle!), and it really is a cute, sweet, little story.



And for the New Year (not my favorite - that flying bird thing is scary! - but Rudolph's still in it!)



Happy 2010, readers! We're making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment