Thursday, January 28, 2010

Organ Donation: It's Just that Easy!

This is a screen grab from my (very easy) confirmation that I am an organ donor in Texas!

I wanted to double check because I thought I was, but then I decided it would be very hypocritical of me to talk up organ donation without making sure I am one myself. Well, consider me not hypocritical, Readers, because I'm in!

The process was so simple. All I did was Google "organ donor Texas" and up popped "Donate Life Texas". I filled out a quick questionnaire (name/birthdate/etc) which took about 15 to 20 seconds, then clicked confirm and SHABAM! Organ Donor!

It's that simple, and they have one for every state! Here is Donate Life NY! Wow! And in New York you can sign up when you get or renew your driver's license, too. When you do that, they'll put a little red heart on your ID because that's adorable. And life-saving! Hooray!

And I just read that April is Donate Life Month - that's the same month as my birthday!

Alright, everybody, no more excuses - if I can do it in under 2 minutes, so can you. Get on it, get online, and sign up! You just might save someone's life.

PS. Don't forget to tell your family and loved ones about your choice. It's an important one, and they deserve to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment