Saturday, February 27, 2010

I Belong!

About a week ago at work I changed my desktop background from the standard Windows Blue to that adorable picture of Sunny when he was a (smaller) puppy.

Although I've been working at my job since November, love it, already knew most everyone from a previous internship, and had taped up a picture of a very cute otter from the January month of the PETA calendar my boyfriend pawned off on me (given to him by a random PETA mailing - no, we have no affiliation with PETA), changing the desktop background to Sunny felt very permanent.

I have no idea why, but up until a week ago I had never even thought about changing the background. Now that I have, it's like I've put my stamp on my little space at work. Even if I'm not at my desk, people can walk by, see Sunny, and think, "Yep, that's Artful's desk alright."

Nobody probably thinks that except me, but for whatever reason, I feel like I've made a legitimate step forward in establishing that, really for real, this is my job and I fit in here.

Awwww, this little Stew's growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment