Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Muppets: More Relevant than Ever

The Muppets - revamped for all of us crazy internet clickers!

Their new spot (the follow-up to the Bohemian Rhapsody music video) plays off of the "Fail" trend (meme?), poor internet spelling, immediate gratification, and everyone's inner pyromaniac.

The result? Pure Muppety genius. I love the Muppets so much it hurts sometimes - mainly the times when I think 'If only I went to puppetry school and could do that myself...' Then I think "do they have puppetry schools anymore?" and then I think "Probably in New Hampshire or some hippy town/state" and then I think about how cold is up there, but that there's probably a program similar at one of the UC-s or Claremont Colleges because they're all Muppet-loving hippies out there, and then I think about all of the other things I could have majored in in college and cry myself to sleep at night dreaming of all that lost potential. Then I wake up and remember I have a great job and can watch clips of the Muppets online. Also, one day I'm going to get one of the FAO Schwarz Muppets [Note to Boyfriend and/or parents: birthday present hint!] and play with it and pretend I'm on Sesame Street teaching some kids to read in a funny voice.

Anyway, enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment