Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sesame Street + Google = Bugle?

From the Official Google Blog...


Of course, what I, as a former-math-nerd, was hoping for was an elaborate song about the noun "googol" as opposed to the verb "I google" (which I suppose for Cookie Monster's sake meant that he "googles" his eyes around because he as "googly" eyes. Though I'm not sure about that usage grammatically, it is always fun seeing him throw his eyes around like that). There wasn't even any mention of a "googolplex" or 1 x 10^100 (10^googol), my favorite number as a child, before Google even existed and hijacked the spelling.

Personally, I blame Google for my loss of interest in the mathematical world. I got so confused after "googol" became "Google" that I refused to deal with it anymore. So there you go, Google, thanks a lot. I coulda been a contender, a mathlete contender!

No comments:

Post a Comment