Sunday, November 29, 2009

TV Dramas

Here are the reasons why I dislike watching TV dramas:

1. Once I watch one, I have to watch them all.

2. They can be super duper depressing, especially if I watch them all at once (which is what I tend to do).

3. If I do start watching them once a week like I'm supposed to, I think about them for the whole week, finding it very difficult to disassociate myself from the world in which the drama inhabits.

For example, I watched the entire first season of "Dexter" early on in my vast period of unemployment, and during this time I was constantly locking my doors because I was terrified a serial killer would attack me.

Tonight, out of boredom due to the fact that I'd watched all of my comedies and reality shows, I started watching "V" because I like things with aliens in them. Now I'm terrified that I'll think everyone is a secret alien out to destroy me and, honestly, I'm not a huge fan of conspiracy theories (I prefer to think that I'm going to be ok and everyone's not out to get me). Also, does it gross anyone else out that the kid on there wants to bang an alien chick even though he knows she's an alien chick? I mean, come on, he doesn't know how old she is or if she even has regular lady parts! Now that's what I find most unbelievable.

Sigh. Well, I guess until Netflix puts all of Friends on Instant Watch, this is what I'm stuck with. Could be worse, I suppose. I could be watching the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment