Saturday, November 21, 2009

What's the Deal with Cartoonists?

Why do they always draw a turkey, a watermelon and other improbable and unseasonal food in fridges?

I mean, usually I have some grated parm, apples, milk, leftover pizza, Smart Balance, peanut butter and jam in my fridge - and that's it. Because that's the way real people live - with enough supplies to make Annie's Reduced-Sodium Mac n Cheese and-or peanut butter sandwiches, because those are the only foods vital to my survival. Watermelons? Whole turkeys? I don't think so.

That's right, readers, I am a real person, a real person who is a very lazy cook. And I'm taking a stand for all of us against the big wigs in the SF (Syndicated Funnies).

On that note, to read some subversive, non-syndicated, non-The-Man funnies, do your anti-civic duty and check out Nate's Cartoons. Shout out!

No comments:

Post a Comment