Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sugar-Induced Dreams Return!

Over the last week, I've had about two or three pretty terrifying nightmares. I don't remember what they were or what happened, but they were mean and uncool. Fortunately, last night I had the following dream*:

First off, I was a member of some elite sorority where everyone had these amazing connections and all got great jobs everywhere. I, being one of these elite, chosen few, was stuck. Here I was getting job offers, but while all of my friends were going for their dreams, my opportunities were primarily janitorial or mass-produced-coffee-making-atorial. I was bummed, but willing. I mean, think about the economy, right? I'm not that great of a writer/artist/person anyway, right?

That's when the painting came to life. No joke. The random androgynous person portrayed in this super abstract, brightly-colored portrait on the wall that I think either two people were carrying or, more likely, was hovering midair burst forth in all their weird abstract color from the painting. It was like what I imagine a 3D movie looks like (I've never been, so this is definitely an incorrect portrayal, but whatevs), where the character, a 2D object, sticks half-in, half-out of the painting like a character in a pop-out book.

Any, he/she goes off on this very uplifting rant about how amazing of a person I am and how I should reach for my dreams and grab those stars up in the sky because they're mine for the taking, etc etc etc. He/She also very much enjoyed my screenplay. It's the first time I've ever had an ultra-confident mentor in my dreams, but I liked it, even if it did come from a 2D abstracted man-woman on a painting in a sorority that doesn't exist and I am not a member of. Interesting...

*Note that, as with all remembered dreams, this is fairly piecemeal and incoherent, whereas the dream itself made a lot of sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment