Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wake-Up Songs: Part Two

Yesterday I woke up with such a happy, romantic, fun song that I ended up dancing in the kitchen while making breakfast. Super fun and silly, right? A great way to start the day.

The strange thing was that, despite acknowledging how pleasantly random it was to have this song stuck in my head, by lunchtime I completely forgot which song it was.

Instead, "Genie in a Bottle" ran in high-speed all during my meal. When was the last time I listened to "Genie in a Bottle?" In eighth grade on the pop radio station back in Dallas while I was attempting to connect with awkward St. Mark's boys over AOL Instant Messenger. Good times?

Once I a) realized that "Genie in a Bottle" was not my preferential stuck-in-head song and b) could not remember the actual, quality song that was stuck in my head previously, I c) came up with "Jitterbug" as my closest replacement. Almost perfect, but not quite.

I did still dance down the halls on the my way to pick up groceries, though. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment