Sunday, December 8, 2013

Claire Danes, Feminist. Deal with It.

Way to go, Claire Danes, for boldly declaring her feminism and stating how "f--king crazy" it is that society isn't equal and that women are underrepresented in Hollywood:

"I am a feminist. And I’m so glad that [Girls creator and star] Lena Dunham exists, because she is one too, and she’s quite vocal about it. Yes, women have more freedom and more influence than ever, but it’s hardly equal. It’s just not. It’s really f--king crazy. I’m sorry I’m cursing. But it’s wild that women are underrepresented [in Hollywood]. I have real anxiety about directing, and that’s something to question and challenge and correct."

You can read the rest of her interview in the January issue of Glamour.

[via HuffPo]

No comments:

Post a Comment