Sunday, December 29, 2013

September: Emmy Nails!

By the lucky coincidence of getting married to a guy who would soon be nominated for his first Emmy, I was able to go to the Emmy's this year! What up! I wanted to have epically awesome Emmy nails to show my appreciation for the chance to live it up on the red carpet, so I used this nail stencil I had gotten as a gift on my thumb. Looks pretty nice and classy and not terrible at all, right? Well, apparently you really shouldn't use those stencils twice, because as I applied it to my other nails, it grew progressively less stable and eventually collapsed in on itself into a heaping mess of semi-dried nail polish goo and flopped-over-sticker paper. To hide my stencil-shame, I painted over them in gold polish. It looks ok as just an accent nail, but I would have liked to have had a more epic design on them. Oh well, there's always next year maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment